Sunday

Freedom 55 ( or 45...35...25)

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matthew 6:33 NIV). The things referred to are those needed for your life and your body, such as food, water, and clothing. Many pursue and worry about these things, and I confess to having little faith about provision at times. It was unclear to me how physical needs could be met if I turned my attention elsewhere. 
Then, I considered my garden. I choose seedlings, plant them with fertilizer and water, then wait. Apart from my efforts the sun, soil, rain and air help them grow. The grass and trees in my yard were even planted before me by someone else. Likewise, in response to our small efforts, the Lord can abundantly provide growth and harvest in our life to provide for us.