Tuesday

Green and Growing

It's a plant the height of a seedling, but with thick stems and large leaves. In the past it grew lanky, so I cut off the healthy parts, rooted and replanted them. The old growth was discarded along with the crusted old pot, and a new glass one gave it a modern fresh look. 

I usually think of pruning as getting rid of new irregular shoots, but sometimes I keep that part and start over because it's where growth is more vigorous and the leaves most healthy. 

I think people usually have healthy areas of their lives to focus on when a fresh start is needed too. We may trim back to our original roots, or eliminate old growth in favour of a thriving, new direction.

Isaiah 20:21-22
21 21 Then all your people will be righteous and they will possess the land forever.
They are the shoot I have planted, the work of my hands, for the display of my splendor.
22 22 The least of you will become a thousand, the smallest a mighty nation.
I am the Lord; in its time I will do this swiftly.”