Wednesday

Work It!

Years ago a friend told me a priority guideline was: self, family (those under your roof), work, other people, other activities - and I struggled for a long time on the work area. What I defined as work was that which requires effort, or earns money. I identified my strengths and interests to seek a good way to earn a living. I also learned that relationships are key on every level, especially our relationship with God.  But work success eluded me.
What if work, as God defines it, is broader than work as I defined it? Jesus' disciples left their regular jobs to follow Him, and later again to spread the gospel. Paul earned his keep along the way, but his main priority was to carry the message. Learning and sharing about God, in whatever way we do it (singing, writing, speaking, acting, etc.) may be the 'work' focus the Lord ultimately wants for us.


*All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and understood God’s grace in all its truth. (Colossians 1:6 b)