Wednesday

I Want -> You.

After Paul identifies his calling in Romans, he adds "And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ" (Romans 1:6 NIV). Finally, a team I can join! I remember times in school when I was among the last chosen for sports teams. How humiliating that was! And I didn't fair much better with the debate team either... "But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong" (1 Cor 1:27 NIV). And we are all weak in some way, even strong athletes. As an adult, I once was appointed team leader for a slow pitch game, and chose the players. What a moment that was, when someone decided to make the last (me) be first! As spiritual ambassadors, we too will have opportunities to turn the world on its head, to help the foolish and weak things be wise and strong.